Master the Email-Based Course
Deliver exceptional learning experiences that turn tire-kickers into lifetime customers. All within the comfort of the inbox.
Great email courses create demand.
If you’re a creator or marketer, email-based courses belong in your toolkit. Why? Because email courses are a superior form of demand gen.
Demand capture — also known as “selling” — is really important.
But focusing exclusively on capture…
1) Limits the growth of your total addressable market, and;
2) Doesn’t provide an off-ramp for people who are interested but not yet ready to buy.
Effective demand gen takes many forms.
The emphasis is on educating and developing interest around a problem your prospects have, but aren’t entirely sure how to classify.
- Blog posts (great for SEO but people rarely read more than one)
- Webinars (energy intensive but great if you have on-demand hosting)
- Email marketing (usually too sales-y but sometimes very effective)
- Twitter threads (have fun with the algorithm… and the influencers)
- Newsletters (steady eddy approach that requires a lot of writing)
- Self-paced courses (low completion rates and another place to login)
🥵 Hot take: email courses are the most efficient form of demand gen.
Wait, what’s an email course?
In the simplest terms…
- It’s an automated sequence of emails
- That delivers a transformational learning experience
- In a digestible format (~500 words per day)
- Over a meaningful period of time (7+ days)
When done well, email courses are like a daily conversation between you and your soon-to-be customer.
Email courses have substantial advantages over other formats.
1. Low barrier to entry.
Avoid the inconvenience of logging into another app (or dealing with an algorithm). Video, text, images, or all the above, it’s still email.
2. Automated experience.
Unlike a newsletter, cohort-based course, or webinar, an email course runs on its own. Put in the effort once, then let ‘er rip.
3. Easily updated.
Want to make a change? Add a section? Move things around? Email service providers make updating automations exceptionally easy.
What is Master the Email-Based Course?
It’s an email course, teaching you how to make a great email course. And yeah, it’s kind of meta but it’s the most effective way to show you how compelling an email-based learning experience can be.
Do things you didn’t think were possible with email.
Over the course of 20 emails, you’ll get everything you need to build an email-based demand-generation machine.
- Guarantee that you land in the primary inbox
- Architect a course that tells a story
- Deliver transformation with learning experience design
- Write emails that people want to read
- Use design and visual aids to enhance the experience
- Build in moments of surprise and delight with Zapier
- Create advanced email automations that allow for self-pacing
Plus over 50 minutes of video walkthroughs, 10 templates, and other actionable resources to accelerate the launch of your course — all organized in a Notion-based EBC Course Builder tool.
What students are saying
"Actionable takeaways within five minutes of digging into it. Huge value." — Dickie Bush, Ship30for30
If you’re thinking about creating a course (or already have one), then this one is for you. I’ve done his course myself and implemented the lessons both for Khe Hy over at RadReads and in the onboarding for this newsletter. Besides being really valuable, it’s also the funniest series of emails I’ve ever received. — Matthias Frank, Holistically Speaking
"I just wanted to say that the course is its own best advertisement. It’s like Apple packaging - you’re already looking forward to what’s inside because it’s so smooth and sturdy and everything just fits really well.” — Jill M.
"I launched my email course a couple of weeks after taking Will’s course. 600+ subscribers now.” — Richard C.
Who are you learning from?
Hi, I'm Will Steiner. Here's my shtick in a few dots.
- Founder of Big Later (acquired), the internet’s funniest email-based crash course on finance
- Head of Content at a fast-growing fintech called Altruist
- Over 2,000 EBC customers across 3 courses with a 79% open rate
- I put a premium on educational value, entertainment, and the constant refinement of my own craft
- Sorry about the mustache
This course is a great fit for creators and marketers...
➕ Who want to convert more customers to a higher-ticket offering
➕ Who are looking to get a new concept out the door, fast
➕ Who want to create a cost-effective demand-gen experience
➕ Who want to add a lower-tier paid product to their portfolio
➕ Who are trying to rapidly increase their subscriber count
➕ Who simply want to write better emails
Best of all, it’s only $99.99. For now.
The price will be going up to $149.99 in 2023.
30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t love it. But everyone has so far. (If you have any issues or if you are outside the US and looking for parity pricing, shoot me a note 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org)